Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Honestly, Just Be Honest!

Okay, you know. Let's be honest here: some of the entries on this site can seem a little silly, irrelevant, or maybe even a little risky, but I guess that's what you get when it's up to me to write the majority of the posts. I tend to prefer things that are funny to things that are serious cause, well, they're more entertaining for myself and for the reader.

But today, I wanna talk about morals. No, no, no! Don't run away! I'm just going to talk about one moral: honesty!

Honesty can get you a lot further than you think in school.


So I ended up spending all night working on this site one day, and I knew we had a paper to turn in the next morning (bright and early) in French. I thought, nah, I'll do it before class. Well, you know what? Before class, I got distracted. And so, I ended up starting the paper one hour before class. This left me in a rather peculiar position because this assignment was a lot harder than I thought it would be! 8:30 came around (class time), and I still wasn't done. So I'm scrambling to get it done, and time is ticking away. Finally, I'm done, but class is over!

I ended up going downstairs from the class to her office, and when I got there,

she asked me suspiciously, "Why weren't you in class today?"


Of course she suspected the truth. Instead of going to class I was scrambling to come up with a paper that barely demonstrates a B-. My mind raced, trying to come up with excuses. There had to be something, but then, I just realized, I should just be honest.

I told her the truth and she said, "That's okay, as long as you got it turned in." She probably would have reprimanded me or even refused to take the assignment if I hadn't fessed up, and you know what? It's not so bad. Professors know our games. They know our lies. They are TRAINED to see these things from years of abuse of their kindness. If you really wanna throw your professor off guard, just try being honest. Seriously!

Sure you get those occasional dicks of teachers who will still refuse to take your assignment or won't give you a chance to compromise, but more often than not (and probably more often than you would imagine), professors are very willing to work with you to let you make up mistakes, especially if you're honest.

So just tell the truth.... at least every now and then. >_O

--Koi

No comments:

Post a Comment