Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Killing Time On Campus

 Sometimes, you end up at school a hell of a lot longer than you had ever hoped to be there. Perhaps you're waiting for a friend. Perhaps you fell asleep. Or perhaps, you have a shit-ton of work to do and you thought you might be more productive at school but ended up getting distracted and decided it was time to write a new entry on your favorite website? Yea... the last one for sure.

Well, I'm an expert on killing time. Typically, I like to butcher it with some kind of long bladed weapon, but at other times, I love the pure explosive potential of... ah what the hell am I saying? Most likely I'm just rambling on to kill more time!!!!

Alright. Let's get down to it.

When you're on campus, there is usually a lot more to do than you think.

Well, that is, on my campus there is. If you're at some small underdeveloped college in some random state like Kentucky several miles away from the nearest McDonalds (God forbid!), I'm pretty sure your school isn't as cool as mine, and that sucks for you! Hahaha! (I'm sorry... that was mean...)

Well, the most obvious thing to do would be to locate one of your 18 different favorite places to go on a computer and type to all your readers. Oh yea... we covered that.

Aside from that, I just came back from the gym. It turns out that the gym here on campus is well.... seriously? I think all my tuition goes towards that because they have tvs on all the equipment with cable, racquet ball, tennis, basket ball, a swimming pool. THEY EVEN HAVE PING PONG! That's not even really working out, is it? Idk.... when I play ping pong I stand in one place and hope it doesn't go beyond my reach but that's just me. D=

So it turns out that the gym is a GREAT place to kill time (especially with all these cuties running around here ^.~)
ASU Girls kissing
Oh! And that's another thing. Arizona State University, my school!, was given the award for having some of the hottest women (much to the displeasure of our dean!). Now I'm not saying I'm a horn-dog or anything! I don't see attractive women and start drooling, but I do admit that sometimes I'm pretty distracted, which I'm pretty sure most men could admit to from time to time.

And of course, if you've read any of my previous blogs, you'd know I'm also a big fan of sleeping on campus, even on the tops of tables. They're nice and cool, and it's a nice contrast to the UNBEARABLY HOT SUN! That's ok... it just encourages me to try harder to stay alive.... I guess...


What happens when all that fails? Well, there's ALWAYS something going on. If you walk around campus long enough, you'll find that there are all kinds of events that you can attend for free! That's right, you don't have to spend a dime for sub-Hollywood quality entertainment.

Lemme give you an example: I discovered by wandering around campus (and thereby completely avoiding doing the work that I should have been doing), I discovered that on Fridays they have comedy shows in the food area (MU). To say the least, I was pretty entertained, especially since I LOVE watching comedians perform.

That's just one of the many things going on. And if worse comes to worse, you could always try... like.... talking to people? Oh yea! People will talk your head off. And sometimes, you find those people that just aren't worth talking to ever--either those people who don't know anything and stare at you blankly when you say something profound, the know-it-alls who try to up you every point you make, the point-talkers who have a circular argument lined up for every conceivable conversation--despite all that!--I have had some GREAT conversations with other students on campus.

Well, that's all for now, folks. I'm gonna go watch the religious nuts shout at passers-by. See ya! (By the way, that guy to the right has actually made appearances at our school and tells us all we're going to hell for masturbating and being gay or some crap...)

--Koi

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure that's college and not a vacation camp? Did you check the adress??

    ReplyDelete
  2. big fan of your blog, you tell it how it is, i guess im your pro ta je http://stevenfrombrooklyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!

    @Cootje: Yes, I'm sure I've got the write address. It's got giant letters all over that says ASU and even a few places that spell it out completely.

    Either I'm just at the right school or I just really know how to do it!

    @StevenFromBrooklyn:
    I'm glad you're such a huge fan! I love to hear that people are enthusiastic about my writing. I suppose, I just take my inner dialogue and put it on paper... or so to speak...

    Keep reading, and I'll check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete