Sunday, May 2, 2010

Late Night Fun On Campus

I don't know anyone who knows better than me what it means to live the night life. My friends and I are truly night owls. We can sleep all day and party all night. Obviously, school takes place in the day. For me and some of my other friends, that happens in the early morning. For others of us, it happens at the evening, but when nightfall comes, we come out and play.

Lately, my friends and I have been rather scattered, leaving some very high-school-esque feelings behind. I myself have been tied down with so much and limiting who I hang out with as of late for the sake of time and getting done with school assignments (some horribly overdue by now). Even still, I find times to enjoy the night life.

When I went to Phoenix College, it was very common to find me staying up late through the night at one of the benches near the library studying or playing guitar. These days, I don't play guitar on campus all so much (especially since at ASU there is always people there even at 3am), but I still end up studying late into the night at the ASU library. Recently, I discovered the true meaning of MU after dark.

Basically, they hold frequent events at the Memorial Union (basically a giant cafeteria with various rooms for presentations) late at night. And one night, after hitting up the gym, I was lucky enough to stumble upon some dance thing they had going on. It was some latino dance thing, and I was intrigued to just sit there and watch a bunch of people dance. It was so simple but so complex at the same time.

I've also been rather mischievous during the nights there (and a few other places), drawing on sidewalks and putting my web address there. Hahaha. I wonder if that's worked at all....

Well, although there is never anything open during the night (except the same old places: walmart, denny's et cetera), the night life is definitely very exciting and you never know what might end up happening.

--Koi

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* phoenix can suck major ass....

    ReplyDelete