Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Car Troubles and College Books

Today wasn't too amazingly eventful. Yesterday, I got a call from a friend who needed my help and so I went to help her out. We stayed out real late, and I didn't get home until 6 in the morning. But other than that fact, I ended up realizing on the way home that my car was getting rather warm. I figured I'd just push through and ignore it until I got home, but the car had other plans, and before I knew it, I had to stop. It turns out that the old bugger is leaking coolant--bad too! My dad and I think it's the water pump. But I guess I'll have to take it in tomorrow morning. I would have taken it in this morning, but I decided sleep sounded like a much better idea.

Other than that, I finally FINALLY ordered my school books for next semester, too. I was waiting on the bookstore to be all Hey! Here's your books! but although they had already identified most of the books I'll be needing, they didn't make it available for purchase. So finally, I took my dad's suggestion and ordered them on Amazon. So they should be here in less than 2 weeks.

So basically I'm broke again. It was nice having money, but honestly, that money was intended for books, and I'd rather have books than money anyway. So this'll work out well. In the meantime, I need to get cracking down on those scholarships, even if it does cut into my sleep. =(

--Koi

2 comments:

  1. Books are good, and it's best to buy them online since your local bookstore might not have all you need. In any case, it's probably best to let your car sit at home for a while, wait until you get the chance for some auto repair. It's not wise to drive a car that'll heat up, you might get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, Jacob.

    As it turns out, that it was a radiator leak. We got it fixed, but with these old cars, it seems like one things breaks after another, and now it looks like we'll have to be getting a new battery soon, too. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete