Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Okonomiyaki

Finally did it! My dad came home with the proper ingredients, and I made a whole bunch of okonomiyaki. It turned out pretty good, but I wonder how I could have made it better. The dough was kind of flavorless and might have been better if I had actually used pancake mix instead of regular flour. I don't know.

I suppose I should have taken some pictures, but lately, if you haven't noticed, I've been a little lazy about posting pictures anyway! Hahaha! But if you don't know what okonomiyaki is, it's this pancake-like dish that has a lot of vegetables and meats cooked right in so that it ends up being this vegetable-meat cake thing. Then you put this okonomiyaki sauce on it which is this really sweet tasting sauce. And then, you typically put mayo on it, too, but I don't really like mayo so I didn't put it on there.

That was actually my first okonomiyaki experience but I've wanted to try it since middle school, so I'm glad I finally got to.

--Koi

No comments:

Post a Comment