Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of Fall 2010 Classes

Alright, we're back! It's been a long Summer, and I left you guys high and dry, but other than my own crazy stunts, I didn't have much to tell you guys about.

It's August 19th, the first day of Fall classes, and it is really hot. It rained like two days ago and that combined with the sprinklers that ASU needs to keep their plants hydrated, it was also very humid.

On the plus side, I woke up today (after 2 hours of sleep) and got a ride from Russell and a carne asada burrito. So I don't really see how this could be a bad day.

The ticket for the urinating in public has already been set up for me to pay my dues with 5 hours community service and $90. Not the worst thing that could have happened, but for a poor, unemployed college student such as myself, it can be a little bit taxing... especially when I've got school to worry about on top of it.

I figure I'm probably going to have to come clean with my parents... or at least my dad... about the other ticket--failure to stop at a red light (common! I didn't know that I had to make a complete stop before making a right turn; cut me some fuckin' slack!).

But other than that, I've moved in with my friend Thunder, we're living up the college life, and life is smooth sailing at the moment.

The first day of classes went really well, too. Russell and I actually missed our first class, due to some traffic and parking issues, as well as general lateness; so I'm kind of left in the dark as to how that teacher is until Tuesday of next week, but I also got to go to my Congress class that I was very excited about and my Economics class that I was also highly anticipating, which is also my first auditorium class with 300+ students.

On top of that, I've got a list of 2 other POS (political science) classes and French. Good stuff, or at least I hope it will be.

--Koi

No comments:

Post a Comment