Monday, February 20, 2012

I can't wait to start my life

I've been going to college now since I was 18. Since then, I have learned a lot and had a lot of great experiences. I started off in community college where tuition was only about $2000/year, and it was reasonable enough that my dad paid it for me. But when I went to a university, the cost more than tripled! What more, my dad was no longer willing to support my education. I had to spread my wings and fly.

So I've been pretty much racking up debt ever since then. Every year, I happily take on thousands of dollars of debt, knowing that one day I will be able to accomplish my dreams. But now, I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel as I finish up my 5th or 6th year of college..

Come May 2013, I will be graduating with both of my bachelor's degrees, and I couldn't be more excited. As much as I want to keep going to school and learning more, I hate this limbo I'm in where I can't afford to not work, and I can't find work that I like. I struggle with money every month, and it only gets harder from here.

On the other hand, I have my Model United Nations and my internship which are lots of fun and keep me motivated. I know that I wouldn't have the life I do now unless I continue to work and make my way through every hardship that follows. And once I graduate, I can finally apply for a PhD and get all kinds of funding, and then I will never have to work a crummy retail job again! It will just be study, study, study, and then finally I will be able to move on with my life and do the things I want to do.

And then I can go back for another PhD! =3

--Koi

No comments:

Post a Comment